Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Do You Know Where You're Going?

In the 1970’s, legendary singer and actress, Diana Ross played a starring role in the movie, Mahogany. I don’t know much about all the details since I’m a 70’s baby myself; however, I do remember a song from the movie soundtrack which began with the words, “Do You Know Where You’re Going To?”

Well, writer, I’ll ask you: Where are you going with your writing?

Do you want to write a book, an article, a blog, or what?

Regardless of what you want to write, you’ll need to do these five things:

  • Stop talking about it and start writing
  • Write at least 10 minutes per day everyday
  • Give your all every time you write
  • Set a deadline for your first writing project
  • Stick to it!

If you use these suggestions, you can and give your writing a sense of direction. Then you can answer Ms. Ross’s question and say, “Yes, I know where I’m going with my writing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment