Friday, June 26, 2009

Tyler Perry or Bust!

Famous playwright, author, and writer, Tyler Perry inspires me greatly as a writer. I love his plays, his movies, and his sitcoms, Meet The Browns and The House of Payne.

Mr. Perry often shares his testimony of going from poverty to financial prosperity and fame. In it, he discusses the power of hope, forgiveness, and persistence. While I don’t want to do the exact type of writing as Tyler Perry, I do admire the things he has done to become successful at his writing.
Tyler has the:
  • Ability to write
  • Passion to write
  • Passion to meet people where they are and solve their problems through writing
  • Wisdom to use his past experiences to shape his writing projects
  • Power to overcome adverse situations
  • Tenacity and commitment to complete his writing projects
  • Maturity to ignore his haters
  • Boldness to accept and enjoy his success

If we all can follow these attributes, we will see our writing explode and touch the lives of our reading audiences nationwide and maybe across the world!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tiffany. Thank you for your encouragement a few weeks ago when I took a break.

    I really like that you included the idea that Perry has enough "maturity to ignore his haters." Of all the items in the list, I think that one--the idea of having a tough enough skin to persevere--is one that wouldn't have come to my mind if I'd made the list.

    Sometimes I love his work, and sometimes I keep my distance... But I must admit that you are on point about all of his (these) successful traits.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete