Thursday, June 25, 2009

Watch Out!

Have you ever been hit by a hard ball? I have. I was in elementary school, playing softball with my classmates one day. All of a sudden, the ball him me right in the top of my head.

Why didn’t anybody warn me and say, “Tiffany, watch out!”? As I reminisce on that day, I’m not sure if one of my classmates warned me or not. If they did, I still got hit. I’m not sure how long it took for me to get back up, either. Because of this traumatic event, one thing’s for sure: I vowed never to play softball again.

Writer, I’m warning you: Don’t get hit by the twins of wasted time and procrastination. These siblings will hinder your writing. Maybe you’re struggling right now with one or the other as you read this entry. If so, you can get back up and move on with your writing.

You can pick up your pen right now and:
  • Write about how you feel
  • Write down three places you would like to visit
  • Write about your previous experiences, (your success, failures, happy and sad times)
  • Write down three groups of people you can help with your writing

While this may not be the information you planned to write once you get your writing groove back, it is a start. Whatever you do, watch out and press on as you pursue your writing destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment